Birth Control 101
We now live in a world where sex is as normal as going out to the motion pictures. It is since we take sex so gently that the rate of unexpected pregnancies are going higher and greater up the charts.
While we’re on the subject of being permissive enough to neglect teenage sex, think of this: Do these teens understand what contraceptives are? Do they understand which ones to use and how to properly use it? This post will assist kids understand contraception more.
What is birth control and how does contraception work?
Contraception is a set of actions, devices, medications used for the sole function of preventing conception or pregnancy. It operates in three methods:
- It prevents the monthly release of an egg cell (ovum) from the ovaries during menstruation.
- It thickens the cervical mucus lining so that sperm cells would not be able to swim and join with an ovum.
- It changes lining of the uterus to make implantation of a fertilized egg tough.
What are the various birth control types available?
There are natural methods of contraception. These do not require the aid of any gadget of medication. The natural approach of birth control consists of:
- Abstaining. This requires a person to absolutely abstain from engaging in sexes of any type.
- Withdrawal. This needs the man to pull his penis out of his partner’s vaginal area before he reaches his climax and ejaculates.
- Sexual outercourse. It allows sexual satisfaction by means of non-penetrative sex. It might remain in the kind of foreplay or masturbation.
- Fertility awareness. This method permits couples to identify a woman’s safe and unsafe durations by means of mindful recording of the woman’s basal body temperature level, her first and last day of menstruation, and the consistency of her vaginal mucous secretions.
The barrier method of contraception includes:
- Male condom. It is a latex or polyurethane rubber cylinder worn on the man’s penis to block sperm from going into the partner’s body.
- Female prophylactic. It is a thin sheath or pouch used to line the vaginal area to collect sperm ejaculated by a male during sex.
- Cervical cap. It is a barrier constructed of either latex or silicone which is positioned over the cervix to prevent sperm from going into the female reproductive tract.
- Diaphragm. It works just like the cervical cap.
The hormonal birth control method consists of:
- Oral contraceptive pills. These are pills which contain synthetic versions of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone which intend to normalize a female’s hormone level to prevent ovulation.
- Injectables. It is a progestin-only service that is injected to prevent ovulation for 3 months.
- Hormone patches. It is a thin, 2in by 2 in spot that slowly launches hormones into the body within the period of a week before it is changed.
- Contraception implants. It is a thin versatile plastic rod to be placed under the skin of the arm of the lady to gradually launch synthetic hormonal agents into the body within the span of a year prior to it is replaced.
The intra-uterine gadget (IUD) is a T-shaped rod positioned inside the uterus to created a localized swelling so that the bodies auto-immune system will create white blood cells to repair the infection and in turn eliminate sperm cells that get within the vicinity of the swelling.
Picking the very best birth control approach to use is a severe matter. Consult your physician to understand more about the different dangers and advantages of these contraceptive methods before selecting one to use.